Community Engagement Certificate
Community Service Hours: 100 (50 per year).
- Up to 40 “service-learning” course hours may count toward this requirement.
- Attendance at program orientation retreat.
- Attendance at quarterly group reflection sessions.
- Amendments to requirements must be approved by Office of Community Engagement.
|Service Learning Requirement–must be taken twice||10|
|UNST 215||SERVICE AND LEADERSHIP||2|
|UNST 495||ENGAGED INTERNSHIP||2|
|UNST 498||SOCIAL CHANGE SEMINAR||2|
- apply academic knowledge to addressing community needs and social issues;
- develop civic and professional skills through coursework, internships, and service;
- develop the skills necessary to be engaged leaders in both their increase awareness of community needs, community assets and social issues;
- professional careers and civic life;
- reflect on their civic development and role in fostering positive social change.