Health Science, Bachelor of Science (BS)
This is a semester program.
Admission Prerequisite: associate degree or certificate in health-related program.
|Required Program Core|
|FOUNDATIONS OF PUBLIC HEALTH|
|CURRENT ISSUES IN THE HEALTH ARENA|
|ESSENTIALS OF PROCESS IMPROVEMENT|
|APPLIED STATISTICS AND EVIDENCE-BASED DECISION MAKING FOR THE HEALTH SCIENCES|
|PRINCIPLES OF RESEARCH AND SCIENTIFIC WRITING|
|LEADERSHIP AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT|
|RELATIONSHIP, ETHICS AND COMMUNICATION IN HEALTHCARE|
|INTRODUCTION TO EPIDEMIOLOGY|
|PRINCIPLES AND POLICIES OF HEALTHCARE MANAGEMENT|
|SENIOR CAPSTONE HEALTH SCIENCES|
|FOUNDATIONS OF CLINICAL EDUCATION|
|MYTHOLOGY, FOLKLORE AND HEALTHCARE|
All admitted students must officially Declare a Major by the time they reach 90 credits (junior standing).
Application for Graduation must be made at least two terms in advance of the term you expect to graduate (undergraduate and post-baccalaureate).
Check your progress with SOAR Student Online Academic Review—you must be signed in to use this tool.
- critique the determinants of health;
- demonstrate comprehension of research principles;
- demonstrate effective written, oral and presentation communication skills in healthcare settings;
- explain health inequalities;
- manage projects via application of the five core healthcare competencies;
- problem solve across healthcare settings.