Health Services Administration Major, Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- two years of a single high school foreign language or one year of a single college level foreign language is required;
- Students must have approval of the program advisor for track or minor chosen and courses selected.
- HSAD students must maintain a cumulative GPA ≥3.0 for all HSAD classes and no more than two course grades may be <B.
- Students earning three or more grades of <B in HSAD courses will be dismissed from the program.
- All other major requirements must be completed with a ≥C.
- Students in the Health Services Administration Program must have an overall cumulative GPA ≥2.25.
- The culmination of the student’s experience in the program will be an internship in a health services setting.
- To qualify for the internship, the student must have at least a GPA ≥3.0 in HSAD classes plus permission from the program director.
|Required Core Courses|
|HSAD 300||HEALTH CARE ORGANIZATION AND ADMINISTRATION||4|
|HSAD 310||HEALTH CARE SUPERVISION||4|
|HSAD 315||SEMINAR ON PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT||1|
|HSAD 322||HEALTH CARE TECHNOLOGY||4|
|HSAD 410||HEALTH LAW REGULATION AND ETHICS||4|
|HSAD/PLAN 424||STRATEGIC PLANNING||4|
|HSAD 425||BUDGET AND POLICY FOR HEALTH SERVICES MANAGERS||4|
|HSAD 435||PROCESS IMPROVEMENT IN HEALTH CARE||4|
|HSAD 440||HEALTHCARE RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHOD||4|
|HSAD 445||POPULATION HEALTH MANAGEMENT||4|
|HSAD 470||HEALTHCARE FINANCE||4|
|Required Supporting Courses|
|ACCT 251||PRINCIPLES OF FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING||5|
|ACCT 252||PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING||4|
|BUED 302||BUSINESS COMMUNICATION||4|
|BUED 425||WORKPLACE COMMUNICATIONS USING COMPUTER APPLICATIONS||5|
|DSCI 245||DATA ANALYSIS FOR BUSINESS||4|
|ECON 200||INTRODUCTION TO MICROECONOMICS||5|
|HLED 256||MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY||2|
|HUMR 328||HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT||4|
|MATH 200||FINITE MATHEMATICS||5|
|MKTG 310||PRINCIPLES OF MARKETING||4|
|Track or Minor|
|Choice of courses to be chosen with approval of HSAD advisor. (8 credits minimum)||8|
|Capstone and Internship|
|HSAD 490||SENIOR CAPSTONE||4|
All admitted students must officially Declare a Major by the time they reach 90 credits (junior standing).
Application for Graduation must be made at least two terms in advance of the term you expect to graduate (undergraduate and post-baccalaureate).
Check your progress with SOAR Student Online Academic Review—you must be signed in to use this tool.
- apply the six core health services competencies in health settings;
- demonstrate effective written, oral and presentation communication skills in health services settings;
- focus on six core health services competency areas-communication and relationship management, professionalism, leadership, knowledge of the healthcare environment, business skills and knowledge and person centered care;
- integrate the six core competencies in an internship in a health services setting ;
- manage projects utilizing the six core competency areas;
- problem solve in a variety of situations in health service settings.