Occupational Therapy, Advanced Standing Master of Occupational Therapy (MOT)
Advanced Standing Master of Occupational Therapy
This program allows qualified students who have graduated in the Combined Bachelor’s to Master of Occupational Therapy program to complete the Master of Occupational Therapy program in one and one half years.
Advanced Standing Master of Occupational Therapy Criteria
- Prior to January 1, students apply to the Advanced Standing Master of Occupational Therapy Program (see Master of Occupational Therapy admission requirements).
- Successful completion of the Interdisciplinary Studies or Exercise Science program (completed by June of the baccalaureate graduation year).
- Students must demonstrate a minimum of a ≥3.0 cumulative college GPA in all Occupational Therapy courses with no course grade <B-.
- Eligibility for graduate admission is determined by a minimum GPA of ≥3.0 in the last 90 quarter graded hours.
- Admission to Graduate Studies at Eastern Washington University (located at 206 Showalter Hall, Cheney WA 99004, 509.359.6297).
Admission to the Master of Occupational Therapy Program (MOT)
Master of Occupational Therapy Admission Requirements
To be admitted to the Combined Bachelor's to Master’s of Occupational Therapy Program, applicants must first meet all requirements for admission to the Graduate School as outlined elsewhere in this catalog. The admission process to the Master of Occupational Therapy Program is highly competitive. The requirements listed elsewhere in this catalog are the minimum acceptable requirements to apply to the program and are not indicative of the competitive range of students generally accepted into the program.
Additional Requirements must be completed prior to admission into the program
- qualify and apply for acceptance into studies at Eastern Washington University Graduate Studies (206 Showalter Hall, Cheney, WA 99004, 509.359.6297);
- complete a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution by June 15 of the year of application.
To be advanced to Master’s Degree Candidacy, graduate students in the Master of Occupational Therapy Degree (MOT) Program must have met the following requirements:
- submitted the Application of Degree Candidacy form to the Graduate Programs Office, specifying the Master in Occupational Therapy Degree Program approved by the Department of Occupational Therapy;
- completed the first semester of the MOT Program’s courses with a minimum GPA ≥3.0 in all courses;
- removed any/all deficiencies regarding graduate requirements;
- met with OT graduate advisor to confirm the required course of study as well as requirements for advancing candidacy and graduation;
- received approval for advancement to candidacy from the Dean of Graduate Studies or the dean’s designee.