Design, Bachelor of Design (BDes)
A Bachelor of Design is geared heavily toward design, with less emphasis on fine arts. Our program objective is to prepare students for employment in design-related fields.
Note: two years of a single high school foreign language or one year of a single college level foreign language is required.
|DESN 100||DRAWING FOR COMMUNICATION||5|
|DESN 200||VISUAL THINKING||5|
|DESN 216||DIGITAL FOUNDATIONS||4|
|DESN 259||HISTORY OF DESIGN||4|
|DESN 263||VISUAL COMMUNICATION DESIGN 1||4|
|DESN 338||USER EXPERIENCE DESIGN 1||4|
|DESN 343||TYPOGRAPHY 2||4|
|DESN 350||DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY||4|
|DESN 363||VISUAL COMMUNICATION DESIGN 2||4|
|DESN 366||PRODUCTION DESIGN||4|
|DESN 368||WEB DESIGN 1||4|
|DESN 463||VISUAL COMMUNICATION DESIGN 3||4|
|Professional Practice or Portfolio–choose from the following||4|
|PORTFOLIO (must be repeated)|
|Electives–choose in consultation with your design advisor||12|
|DESN 490||SENIOR CAPSTONE||5|
All admitted students must officially Declare a Major by the time they reach 90 credits (junior standing).
Application for Graduation must be made at least two terms in advance of the term you expect to graduate (undergraduate and post-baccalaureate).
Check your progress with SOAR Student Online Academic Review—you must be signed in to use this tool.
- apply imaginative and adaptive thinking;
- demonstrate appropriate/effective use of technology, including recognizing evolving/emerging technologies;
- demonstrate effective conceptual thinking and creative problem solving
- demonstrate fundamental/basic design principles and processes;
- develop an awareness of self and others;
- develop an entrepreneurial attitude;
- develop an understanding of social responsibility;
- develop design solutions that demonstrate craft and practical application;
- develop individual expression;
- present and defend design solutions;
- produce a body of work appropriate for industry review;
- recognize (and be curious about) social and cultural diversity;
- synthesize the tools and processes of design to solve complex problems;
- work cooperatively to achieve shared goals.