Social Work Major, Bachelor of Arts (BA)
Note: two years of a single high school foreign language or one year of a single college level foreign language is required.
|SOWK 273||INTRODUCTION TO SOCIAL WORK||5|
|SOWK 378||HUMAN BEHAVIOR IN THE SOCIAL ENVIRONMENT I||4|
|SOWK 379||HUMAN BEHAVIOR IN THE SOCIAL ENVIRONMENT II||4|
|SOWK 381||DIVERSITY AND SOCIAL WORK||4|
|SOWK 459||SURVEY OF MICROSYSTEMIC PRACTICE THEORIES||4|
|SOWK 468||SOCIAL WORK RESEARCH||4|
|SOWK 469||DATA ANALYSIS FOR SOCIAL WORK||4|
|SOWK 470||SOCIAL POLICY ANALYSIS||4|
|SOWK 475||SOCIAL WORK ENGAGEMENT||4|
|SOWK 476||SOCIAL WORK ASSESSMENT||4|
|SOWK 477||SOCIAL WORK WITH COMMUNITIES||4|
|SOWK 478||SOCIAL WORK WITH INDIVIDUALS||4|
|SOWK 479||SOCIAL WORK WITH GROUPS||4|
|SOWK 480||FIELD PREPARATION||1|
|SOWK 482||PRACTICUM/SEMINAR (must be repeated three times)||15|
|SOWK 490||SOCIAL WORK SENIOR CAPSTONE||4|
|Required BASW Elective||3|
All admitted students must officially Declare a Major by the time they reach 90 credits (junior standing).
Application for Graduation must be made at least two terms in advance of the term you expect to graduate (undergraduate and post-baccalaureate).
Check your progress with SOAR Student Online Academic Review—you must be signed in to use this tool.
- advance Human Rights and Social, Economic and Environmental Justice;
- assess Individuals, Families, Groups, Organizations and Communities;
- demonstrate ethical and professional behavior;
- engage diversity and difference in practice;
- engage in policy practice;
- engage in practice-informed research and research-informed practice;
- engage with individuals, families, groups, organizations and communities;
- evaluate practice with individuals, families, groups, organizations and communities;
- intervene with individuals, families, groups, organizations and communities.