Interdisciplinary Studies: Addiction Studies, Bachelor of Arts (BA)
This program provides students with the coursework necessary to become certified as a Chemical Dependency Professional in the state of Washington.
- two years of a single high school foreign language or one year of a single college level foreign language is required;
- see Interdisciplinary Studies for complete list of courses or contact Addiction Studies for more information.
|ADST 300||SURVEY OF ALCOHOL/DRUG PROBLEMS||4|
|ADST 302||COUNSELING THEORIES FOR THE ADDICTION PROFESSIONAL||4|
|ADST 303||HIV/AIDS AND ADDICTION TREATMENT||2|
|ADST 308||CULTURAL ISSUES IN ADDICTION TREATMENT AND BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||4|
|ADST 410||COMMUNITY PREVENTION METHODS||4|
|ADST 412||PHYSIOLOGY AND PHARMACOLOGY OF ADDICTIONS||4|
|ADST 420||ALCOHOL/DRUG CASE MANAGEMENT||4|
|ADST 430||ADDICTION TREATMENT WITH FAMILIES||4|
|ADST 440||ALCOHOL/DRUG GROUP COUNSELING||3|
|ADST 442||SCREENING AND ASSESSMENT FOR CO-OCCURRING DISORDERS||4|
|ADST 460||LAW AND ETHICS FOR ADDICTION PROFESSIONALS||4|
|ADST 462||ADOLESCENT ADDICTION ASSESSMENT AND TREATMENT||4|
|ADST 464||RELAPSE PREVENTION||2|
|Optional Practicum Placement is available for students who are not currently working in addiction treatment.|
|ADDICTION STUDIES PRACTICUM SEMINAR|
|ADDICTION STUDIES PRACTICUM I|
|ADDICTION STUDIES PRACTICUM II|
|Additional required upper division credits in a single complementary subject area.||20|
|One course each in Abnormal Psychology and Human Development are also required for state certification.|
|Additional Requirement for an Interdisciplinary Studies Bachelor of Arts is a Senior Capstone approved by program director.|
For information on General Education, see Undergraduate Degree .
Student Learning Outcomes—students will
- demonstrate basic knowledge about substance use disorders;
- demonstrate familiarity with behavior change and recovery models;
- apply intervention and recovery knowledge and methods to practice;
- demonstrate competence around issues related to self -awareness, diversity, ethics and continuing education.