Experiential Education and Group Facilitation Minor
The Minor in Experiential Education and Group Facilitation addresses the growing experiential education field and the need for trained practitioners within this field. A student completing the full minor curriculum will gain experience, education and training that is essential as an experiential educator or someone who is looking to incorporate experiential education and group facilitation into their field of study or work.
The minor provides two opportunities for certification: Challenge Course Practitioner Level I and Leave No Trace Trainer.
- a minimum of 15 credits is required for the minor;
- a minimum of 40 hours of documented facilitation and experiential education experience is required for the minor;
- all courses for the minor must be completed at EWU;
- transfer credits will not be accepted for minor completion.
- a minimum grade of ≥B is required for each course in the minor.
|RCLS 220||LEADERSHIP IN RECREATION AND LEISURE SERVICES||3|
|RCLS 225||GROUP FACILITATION TECHNIQUES||4|
|RCLS 335||CHALLENGE COURSE PRACTITIONER||4|
|RCLS 355||LEAVE NO TRACE TRAINER||2-4|
|or RCLS 206||OUTDOOR LIVING SKILLS|
|RCLS 380||THEORY AND PRACTICE OF EXPERIENTIAL EDUCATION||2|