Interdisciplinary Studies: Liberal Arts Major, Bachelor of Arts (BA)
This is an archived copy of the 2021-22 catalog. To access the most recent version of the catalog, please visit http://catalog.ewu.edu.
The Liberal Arts option is designed to give students a breadth of academic experience to enrich their lives and broaden their understanding of the human experience. Students participating in this program complete 60 upper division credits from the following three categories: Humanities, Sciences and Social Sciences. A 20/20/20 credit combination must be completed in these three breadth areas. These categories parallel the BACRS but are broader categories and are not restricted to those particular departments and courses. These courses must be completed in addition to Eastern Washington University’s BACR requirement. Final approval of the degree plan is required by the Director of Interdisciplinary Studies.
- contact the Department (Director) of Interdisciplinary Studies for approvals;
- these courses must be completed in addition to EWU's BACR requirements;
- two years of a single high school foreign language or one year of a single college-level foreign language is required.
|Required–choose courses from the following areas–must be upper-division|
University Competencies and Proficiencies
- Minimum Credits—180 cumulative credit hours
- 60 upper-division credits (300 level or above)
- 45 credits in residence (attendance) at Eastern, with at least 15 upper-division credits in major in residence at Eastern
- Minimum Cumulative GPA ≥2.0
All admitted students must officially Declare a Major by the time they reach 90 credits (junior standing).
Application for Graduation (use EagleNET) must be made at least two terms in advance of the term you expect to graduate (undergraduate and post-baccalaureate).
Use the Catalog Archives to determine two important catalog years.
SOAR calculates based on these two catalog years.
- The catalog in effect at the student's first term of current matriculation is used to determine BACR (Breadth Area Credit Requirements) and UGR (Undergraduate Graduation Requirements).
- The catalog in effect at the time the student declares a major or minor is used to determine the program requirements.
Students who successfully earn a BA in Interdisciplinary Studies: Liberal Arts from EWU should be able to do the following:
- be prepared for career mobility and adaptability by selecting the appropriate academic concentration;
- select the program option to craft a degree plan to enhance career goals and objectives.