Interdisciplinary Studies: Prior Learning Major, Bachelor of Arts (BA)
This is an archived copy of the 2021-22 catalog. To access the most recent version of the catalog, please visit http://catalog.ewu.edu.
This program is designed for the adult who comes to Eastern with professional or paraprofessional preparation and experience.
- enables the adult learner to translate experiential learning into elective credit through the development of a portfolio;
- portfolios are submitted to faculty members who determine the credit award, (up to 45 maximum elective credits);
- portfolio assessment does require a fee: please contact the Department of Interdisciplinary Studies for current fee;
- two years of a single high school foreign language or one year of a single college-level foreign language is required.
|Students design a 60-credit, upper-division emphasis that meets their specific goals and objectives. Specific courses are not required other than ITDS 300. A student may earn up to 45 elective credits for prior learning experience that can be applied only to the Interdisciplinary Studies degree.||60|
University Competencies and Proficiencies
- Minimum Credits—180 cumulative credit hours
- 60 upper-division credits (300 level or above)
- 45 credits in residence (attendance) at Eastern, with at least 15 upper-division credits in major in residence at Eastern
- Minimum Cumulative GPA ≥2.0
All admitted students must officially Declare a Major by the time they reach 90 credits (junior standing).
Application for Graduation (use EagleNET) must be made at least two terms in advance of the term you expect to graduate (undergraduate and post-baccalaureate).
Use the Catalog Archives to determine two important catalog years.
SOAR calculates based on these two catalog years.
- The catalog in effect at the student's first term of current matriculation is used to determine BACR (Breadth Area Credit Requirements) and UGR (Undergraduate Graduation Requirements).
- The catalog in effect at the time the student declares a major or minor is used to determine the program requirements.
Students who successfully earn a BA in Interdisciplinary Studies: Prior Learning from EWU should be able to do the following:
- be prepared for career mobility and adaptability by selecting the appropriate academic concentration;
- select the program option to craft a degree plan to enhance career goals and objectives.