Business Systems and Analytics Major, Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration (BAB)
This is an archived copy of the 2021-22 catalog. To access the most recent version of the catalog, please visit http://catalog.ewu.edu.
|ECON 200 and ECON 201 are considered supporting courses and may be used to fulfill BACRs as well as requirements for the Business Administration degree. However, these courses are not counted twice toward the goal of 180 credits for graduation.|
|Formal admission to the BAB program is required|
|Grade requirements for graduation:|
minimum grade ≥C in each course required for the major;
minimum GPA≥2.5 for all upper division Business Administration core courses as well as required and elective courses taken to fulfill requirements for the major area.
|Required Business Administration Core|
|Lower Division Core|
|ACCT 251||PRINCIPLES OF FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING||5|
|ACCT 252||PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING||4|
|ACCT 261||BUSINESS LAW||4|
|DSCI 245||BUSINESS STATISTICS 1||4|
|ECON 200||INTRODUCTION TO MICROECONOMICS||5|
|ECON 201||INTRODUCTION TO MACROECONOMICS||5|
|ENGL 201||COLLEGE COMPOSITION: ANALYSIS, RESEARCH AND DOCUMENTATION||5|
|MATH 142||PRECALCULUS MATH II||5|
|or MATH 161||CALCULUS I|
|or MATH 200||FINITE MATHEMATICS|
|Upper Division Core|
|DSCI 346||BUSINESS STATISTICS 2||4|
|FINC 335||FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT||4|
|MGMT 326||ORGANIZATION THEORY AND BEHAVIOR||4|
|MGMT 423||BUSINESS AND SOCIETY||4|
|MISC 311||INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY IN BUSINESS||4|
|MKTG 310||PRINCIPLES OF MARKETING||4|
|OPSM 330||OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT||4|
|DSCI 353||DATA MANAGEMENT, CLEANING AND IMPUTATION||4|
|DSCI 446||BUSINESS FORECASTING||4|
|or DSCI 449||MULTIVARIATE DATA ANALYSIS|
|DSCI 450||DATA VISUALIZATION||4|
|DSCI 489||SENIOR PROJECT||4|
|or DSCI 495||PROFESSIONAL INTERNSHIP|
|or MISC 495||INTERNSHIP|
|MISC 371||BUSINESS APPLICATIONS PROGRAM DESIGN||4|
|MISC 373||BUSINESS DATABASE APPLICATIONS||4|
|MISC 374||SPREADSHEET MODELING FOR BUSINESS APPLICATIONS||4|
|MISC 481||SYSTEMS ANALYSIS AND DESIGN||4|
|MISC 485||ADVANCED DATABASE APPLICATIONS DEVELOPMENT||4|
|Required Senior Capstone|
|MGMT 490||DEPARTMENT SENIOR CAPSTONE||4|
University Competencies and Proficiencies
- Minimum Credits—180 cumulative credit hours
- 60 upper-division credits (300 level or above)
- 45 credits in residence (attendance) at Eastern, with at least 15 upper-division credits in major in residence at Eastern
- Minimum Cumulative GPA ≥2.0
All admitted students must officially Declare a Major by the time they reach 90 credits (junior standing).
Application for Graduation (use EagleNET) must be made at least two terms in advance of the term you expect to graduate (undergraduate and post-baccalaureate).
Use the Catalog Archives to determine two important catalog years.
SOAR calculates based on these two catalog years.
- The catalog in effect at the student's first term of current matriculation is used to determine BACR (Breadth Area Credit Requirements) and UGR (Undergraduate Graduation Requirements).
- The catalog in effect at the time the student declares a major or minor is used to determine the program requirements.
Students Who Successfully Earn A BAB In Business Systems and Analytics From EWU Should Be Able To Do The Following:
- accurately perform the relevant analytic methods for a given context;
- communicate the results of analyses effectively to the relevant audiences;
- recognize and address ethical issues related to privacy, intellectual property, and data security;
- think critically when making decisions about appropriate analytic methods;
- use the technical skills associated with the storage, management and cleaning of data.