Curriculum and Instruction, Master of Education (M.ED)
This is an archived copy of the 2021-22 catalog. To access the most recent version of the catalog, please visit http://catalog.ewu.edu.
The Curriculum and Instruction option is designed for certified teachers who wish to exercise leadership in school curriculum planning and development.
Admission Requirements for the MEd Program
- Have earned a baccalaureate degree (a BA, BS or BAE) from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Have earned a GPA ≥3.0 on a 4-point-scale during the final 90 quarter credits (or 60 semester credits) of enrolled coursework.
- Applicants for the Curriculum and Instruction concentration must hold or have held a valid educator certificate.
|EDUC 522||TRANSFORMATION OF LEARNING AND TEACHING||4|
|EDUC 505||CURRENT ISSUES IN EDUCATION||4|
|EDUC 507||PHILOSOPHY AND ORGANIZATION OF THE AMERICAN SCHOOL||4|
|EDUC 520||METHODS OF EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH||4|
|EDUC 533||INSTRUCTIONAL SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT||4|
|EDUC 538||MEDIA LITERACY FOR TEACHERS||4|
|EDUC 544||ADVANCED READING METHODS ACROSS THE CURRICULUM||4|
|EDUC 551||SUPERVISION OF INSTRUCTION||4|
|EDUC 553||THEORY AND PRACTICE IN CURRICULUM STUDIES||4|
|EDUC 554||CURRICULAR DESIGN AND EVALUATION||4|
|EDUC 621||CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION INTERNSHIP I||2|
|EDUC 622||CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION INTERNSHIP II||2|
|Portfolio and Comprehensive Exam|
|EDUC 623||CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION PORTFOLIO||2|
|EDUC 624||CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION COMPREHENSIVE EXAM||3|
Note: candidates must be certified teachers.
Students who successfully earn an M.ED. in Curriculum and Instruction from EWU should be able to do the following:
- describe select curriculum theories;
- design a culturally informed curriculum;
- design standards-based curriculum and instruction;
- evaluate standards-based curriculum and instruction;
- implement research-based practices in the creation of curriculum and instruction;
- implement standards-based curriculum and instruction;
- provide a critical analysis of leadership in the field of education;
- provide a critical analysis of organizational systems in the field of education.