Social Emotional Learning for Educational Equity, Graduate Certificate
This is an archived copy of the 2021-22 catalog. To access the most recent version of the catalog, please visit http://catalog.ewu.edu.
|EDUC 597||WORKSHOP, SHORT COURSE, CONFERENCE, SEMINAR (SEL Methods)||3|
|EDUC 598||SEMINAR IN EDUCATION (Advanced Topics in Inequalities and Impacts on Educational Equity)||4|
|PSYC 524||ADVANCED CONSULTATION FOR INTEGRATED MTSS||4|
|PSYC 597||WORKSHOP, SHORT COURSE, CONFERENCE, SEMINAR (1 credit intro, 3 credits SEL Theory & Process)||4|
|PSYC 598||SEMINAR (Effects of Childhood Trauma or Issues in Stress and Coping)||2|
Program Learning Outcomes:
- articulate the impact of stress and trauma on student learning and behavior, PLO-3;
- create strategies to partner with families and community members through an Interconnected Systems Framework (ISF), PLO-4;
- demonstrate culturally responsive practices in the selection, implementation, adaptation, and monitoring of SEL curriculum, PLO-2;
- establish integrated MTSS for SEL applications across differing levels of need within K-12 schools, PLO-6;
- explain action steps to build a culture focused on SEL, PLO-5;
- explicitly teach Social Emotional Learning across developmentally appropriate levels, PLO-1.