Search Results

This is an archived copy of the 2021-22 catalog. To access the most recent version of the catalog, please visit


Notes: must be repeated twice for a total of 16 credits and is graded Pass/Fail.
This experience is done on a full-time basis (40 hours per week for six months). The advanced internship experience is conducted at a clinical and/or community site in which treatment for persons of all ages with physical dysfunction, and behavioral and/or mental health disorders affecting occupational performance occurs. The student must complete two semesters (24 weeks or 960 hours) of Fieldwork Level II within 24 months of completing their professional OT academic program before graduating. The student may elect to enroll in one or two additional semesters of FW II for further experience in an area of special interest. Upon successful completion of the required FW II experience and graduation with a Master of Occupational Therapy Degree (MOT), the student will be eligible to sit for the National Certification Examination for the Occupational Therapist administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).Graduates must initially pass the NBCOT exam before practicing as an occupational therapist in the United States. Most states require licensure in order to practice however, state licenses are usually based on the results of the NBCOT Certification Examination.

Occupational Therapy

Required courses in this program of study may have prerequisites. Reference the course description section for clarification.

Occupational Therapy, Master of Occupational Therapy (MOT)

All courses are required for the award of a Master of Occupational Therapy degree. For students entering through the Combined Bachelor's and Master of Occupational Therapy degree options, the first three semesters' credits (37 credits) will be assigned towards their Bachelor's degree plan and the remaining 50 credits will be assigned towards the Master of Occupational Therapy degree plan. For questions, please contact Graduate Studies.