Computer Graphics and Visualization Certificate, Graduate
This is an archived copy of the 2021-22 catalog. To access the most recent version of the catalog, please visit http://catalog.ewu.edu.
Certificates are intended primarily for working professionals, and provide a "bite-sized" chunk of graduate coursework. See Professional Master of Computer Science (MCS) for additional information.
|Required Certificate Prerequisites–must be completed prior to admission.|
|C AND UNIX PROGRAMMING|
or CSCD 255
|C PROGRAMMING FOR ENGINEERS|
|INTRODUCTORY COMPUTER GRAPHICS|
or MATH 231
|PRECALCULUS MATH II|
|CSCD 506||RESEARCH METHODS IN COMPUTER SCIENCE||4|
|CSCD 570||3D COMPUTER GRAPHICS PRINCIPLES||4|
|CSCD 577||VIRTUAL REALITY AND DATA VISUALIZATION||4|
|CSCD 601||RESEARCH REPORT||4|
Students who successfully earn a Computer Graphics and Visualization, Graduate Certificate from EWU should be able to do the following:
- demonstrate an understanding of basic and advanced concepts of computer graphics and use OpenGL as a renderer;
- demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals of geometric modeling;
- develop applications and analyze scientific data with Visualization Tool Kit (VTK);
- give visual insights to a large amount of information using software tools like R;
- model and animate a 3D environment with the basic and advanced concepts of transformation, projection, texture, lighting and shading.;
- use force feedback-based virtual devices like Geomagic’s Phantom that can make virtual objects tangible and develop applications using such devices.