Literacy, Reading and Writing/Secondary Major, Bachelor of Arts in Education (BAE)
All admitted students must officially Declare a Major by the time they reach 90 credits (junior standing).
Application for Graduation must be made at least two terms in advance of the term you expect to graduate (undergraduate and post-baccalaureate).
Check your progress with SOAR Student Online Academic Review—you must be signed in to use this tool.
- use multiple instructional strategies to address individual student needs;
- integrate subjects across content areas;
- use a variety of assessments to monitor and improve instruction;
- create a safe, productive learning environment;
- plan and/or adapt curricula for diverse student needs;
- ensure that students can articulate learning targets and can monitor their own progress toward those targets;
- plan Standards-driven curricula to develop student capacity for problem-solving strategies in content areas;
- prepare responsible citizens for a diverse society;
- ensure cultural competence in teaching;
- integrate technology into their classrooms and/or planning;
- involve and collaborate with student families and community;
- utilize feedback and reflection to improve teaching practice;
- collaborate in and contribute to school improvement;
- demonstrate knowledge of responsibilities and policies related to the teaching profession.