Theatre Major, Bachelor of Arts (BA)
Theatre majors are expected to complete a senior thesis and participate in the public performance program offered by the Theatre Program.
Note: two years of a single high school foreign language or one year of a single college level foreign language is required.
|THTR 110||MOVEMENT AND VOICE||3|
|THTR/HUMN 202||THEATRE IN THE HUMANITIES (satisfies a general university requirement for Humanities, Fine Arts)||5|
|THTR 210||ACTING I||4|
|THTR 226||STAGE MAKE-UP||1|
|THTR/HUMN 303||SURVEY OF THEATRE HISTORY||5|
|THTR 310||ACTING II||4|
|THTR 330||STAGE COSTUME||3|
|THTR 331||THEATRE DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY I||5|
|THTR 332||THEATRE DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY II||5|
|THTR 338||CONCEPTS OF THEATRICAL DESIGN||3|
|THTR 380||THEATRE EXPERIENCE (must be repeated four times)||4|
|THTR 412||ACTING: THE PROFESSION||4|
|or THTR 430||THEATRE DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY III|
|THTR 421||DIRECTING I||4|
|THTR 422||DIRECTING II||4|
|Electives–choose from the following||8|
|Note: students can use selective THTR 496 courses as electives with permission of the program director.|
|NARRATIVE SCRIPT ANALYSIS|
|FUND OF MUSIC/DANCE THEATRE|
|SPECIAL SKILLS FOR ACTORS (may be repeated for credit when topic varies)|
|ACTING WORKSHOP: VARIABLE TOPICS (may be repeated for credit when topic varies)|
|ACTING: THE PROFESSION|
|THEATRE DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY III|
|TOPICS IN THEATRE|
|STAGE DOOR TO THE FUTURE|
|FIELD EXPERIENCE IN THEATRE|
|WORKSHOP, SHORT COURSE, CONFERENCE, SEMINAR|
|Required Senior Thesis|
|THTR 491||SENIOR THESIS PROJECT||5|
All admitted students must officially Declare a Major by the time they reach 90 credits (junior standing).
Application for Graduation must be made at least two terms in advance of the term you expect to graduate (undergraduate and post-baccalaureate).
Check your progress with SOAR Student Online Academic Review—you must be signed in to use this tool.
- analyze, interpret and apply a knowledge of dramatic literature, cultural history and aesthetics to aspects of production;
- articulate the role of the theatre within our own culture and the culturally diverse world;
- demonstrate the ability to act and direct in live theatre;
- describe, demonstrate and communicate the knowledge of one through four above to elementary, middle school and high school students.
- utilize the mechanics and aesthetics of technical theatre in design and production of live theatre.