Experiential Education and Group Facilitation Minor
The Minor in Experiential Education and Group Facilitation addresses the growing experiential education field and the need for trained practitioners within this field. A student completing the full minor curriculum will gain experience, education and training that is essential as an experiential educator or someone who is looking to incorporate experiential education and group facilitation into their field of study or work.
The minor provides two opportunities for certification: Challenge Course Practitioner Level I and Leave No Trace Trainer.
- a minimum of 15 credits is required for the minor;
- a minimum of 40 hours of documented facilitation and experiential education experience is required for the minor;
- all courses for the minor must be completed at EWU;
- transfer credits will not be accepted for minor completion.
- a minimum grade of ≥B is required for each course in the minor.
|RCLS 220||LEADERSHIP IN RECREATION AND LEISURE SERVICES||3|
|RCLS 225||GROUP FACILITATION TECHNIQUES||4|
|RCLS 335||CHALLENGE COURSE PRACTITIONER||4|
|RCLS 355||LEAVE NO TRACE TRAINER||2|
|RCLS 380||THEORY AND PRACTICE OF EXPERIENTIAL EDUCATION||2|
All admitted students must officially Declare a Major by the time they reach 90 credits (junior standing).
Application for Graduation must be made at least two terms in advance of the term you expect to graduate (undergraduate and post-baccalaureate).
Use the Catalog Archives to determine two important catalog years.
SOAR calculates based on these two catalog years.
- The catalog in effect at the student's first term of current matriculation is used to determine BACR (Breadth Area Credit Requirements) and UGR (Undergraduate Graduation Requirements).
- The catalog in effect at the time the student declares a major or minor is used to determine the program requirements.