Network Security, Graduate Certificate
Certificates are intended primarily for working professionals, and provide a "bite-sized" chunk of graduate coursework. See Professional Master of Computer Science (MCS) for additional information.
|Required Certificate Prerequisites–must be completed prior to admission.|
|CSCD 506||RESEARCH METHODS IN COMPUTER SCIENCE||4|
|CSCD 533||COMPUTER NETWORKS||4|
|CSCD 534||NETWORK SECURITY||4|
|CSCD 601||RESEARCH REPORT||4|
Students who successfully earn a Network Security, Graduate Certificate from EWU should be able to do the following:
- create security policies for protection of network assets;
- demonstrate knowledge of network security techniques in order to secure networks;
- explain the use of cryptographic protocols to help secure the network;
- identify how hackers, hacktivists and highly skilled cyber criminals attack networks including the tools they use and techniques;
- use tools such as vulnerability scanners, traffic analysis tools and port scanners.