Gender and Sexuality Studies Graduate Certificate
- prerequisite for certificate program:
- graduate standing,
- admission to an EWU graduate program and
- permission of Graduate Certificate coordinator;
- courses taken at the 400 level may not be retaken for credit at the 500 level;
- substitutions for core courses may be approved on a case by case basis at the discretion of the director of Women’s and Gender Studies or coordinator of the Graduate Certificate in Gender and Sexuality Studies.
|WMST 510||FEMINIST THEORY||4|
|WMST 511||FEMINIST METHODOLOGIES||5|
|Choose a minimum of 14 credits of WMST or WMST-cross-listed courses at or above the 400 level to bring the total to a minimum of 23 credits for the certificate. A maximum of 5 credits is permitted at the 400 level; the remaining credits must be at or above the 500 level.|
- synthesize knowledge of historical perspectives on gender and sexuality;
- analyze connections between gender and sexuality and other societal structures such as race, class, age, ability status, etc.;
- synthesize knowledge of global perspectives on gender and sexuality;
- analyze the role of language in producing and perpetuating cultural attitudes about gender and sexuality;
- synthesize knowledge of the multiplicity of theoretical positions regarding gender and sexuality, such as feminist theory, queer theory, etc.;
- analyze and synthesize theories concerning the diversity of gender and sexual identities, such as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, etc.