Big Data Certificate, Graduate
Certificates are intended primarily for working professionals, and provide a "bite-sized" chunk of graduate coursework. See Professional Master of Computer Science (MCS) for additional information.
|Required Certificate Prerequisites–must be completed prior to admission.|
|RELATIONAL DATABASE SYSTEMS|
|CSCD 506||RESEARCH METHODS IN COMPUTER SCIENCE||4|
|CSCD 529||DATA MINING||4|
|CSCD 530||BIG DATA ANALYTICS||4|
|CSCD 601||RESEARCH REPORT||4|
Students who successfully earn a Big Data Graduate Certificate from EWU should be able to do the following:
- apply advanced knowledge of computing and information systems applications to areas such as networking, database, security and privacy, and Web technologies;
- apply contemporary techniques for managing, mining, and analyzing big data across multiple disciplines;
- be better prepared for career advancement in all areas of data science and information technology;
- communicate their ideas and findings persuasively in written, oral and visual form and to work in a diverse team environment;
- use computation and computational thinking to gain new knowledge and to solve real-world problems of high complexity.