Geosciences Major, Bachelor of Arts (BA)
|GEOG 321||GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS I: SPATIAL ANALYSIS FOR SOCIAL SCIENCES||5|
|or GEOG 323||GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS I: SPATIAL ANALYSIS FOR ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES|
|GEOS 111||THE EARTH'S INTERIOR||5|
|GEOS 112||THE EARTH'S SURFACE||5|
|GEOS 113||THE EARTH'S CLIMATE AND WEATHER||5|
|GEOS 200||GLOBALIZATION AND THE ENVIRONMENT||5|
|GEOS 497||WORKSHOP, SHORT COURSE, CONFERENCE, SEMINAR (variable title and credits)||1|
|Choose one of the following Concentrations and Capstone||45|
Please note that 60 credits of 300 or 400-level courses are required for graduation.
In consultation of faculty advisor, take at least 45 credits (at least 35 must be taken at the 300- or 400 level, including capstone) of GEOG, GEOL, or GEOS credits of electives.
All GEOG/GEOL/GEOS courses are possible electives to satisfy this concentration
|SENIOR CAPSTONE: WATER AND THE WEST, WATER RESOURCE ENGINEERING IN ARID LANDS|
or GEOL 490B
|CAPSTONE: ENVIRONMENTAL GEOCHEMISTRY|
|Climate Change and Environmental Justice|
|HOT EARTH: PEOPLE AND CLIMATE CHANGE|
|RESOURCES AND CONSERVATION|
|RESOURCES AND MANAGEMENT|
All GEOG/GEOL/GEOS courses are possible electives to satisfy this concentration–check with your advisor.
|THE GEOGRAPHER'S CAPSTONE|
University Competencies and Proficiencies
- Minimum Credits—180 cumulative credit hours
- 60 upper-division credits (300 level or above)
- 45 credits in residence (attendance) at Eastern, with at least 15 upper-division credits in major in residence at Eastern
- Minimum Cumulative GPA ≥2.0
All admitted students must officially Declare a Major by the time they reach 90 credits (junior standing).
Application for Graduation (use EagleNET) must be made at least two terms in advance of the term you expect to graduate (undergraduate and post-baccalaureate).
Use the Catalog Archives to determine two important catalog years.
SOAR calculates based on these two catalog years.
- The catalog in effect at the student's first term of current matriculation is used to determine BACR (Breadth Area Credit Requirements) and UGR (Undergraduate Graduation Requirements).
- The catalog in effect at the time the student declares a major or minor is used to determine the program requirements.