Educational Studies Major, Bachelor of Arts (BA)
Note: two years of a single high school foreign language or one year of a single college-level foreign language is required; completion of two or more years of a college-level foreign language is strongly recommended.
|EDUC 201||INTRODUCTION TO EDUCATION||3|
|EDUC 303||FOUNDATIONS OF ASSESSMENT||3|
|EDUC 304||INTRODUCTION TO ELEMENTARY READING||3|
|EDUC 308||FOUNDATIONS OF ELEMENTARY CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT||3|
|EDUC 310||LITERACY METHODS, MANAGEMENT AND ASSESSMENT IN THE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL||4|
|EDUC 325||INEQUALITIES AND IMPACTS ON EDUCATIONAL EQUITY||4|
|EDUC 338||LANGUAGE AND SOCIAL STUDIES METHODS 1: INTEGRATED LANGUAGE ARTS FOR ELEMENTARY SCHOOL||4|
|EDUC 402||ADMISSION TO RESEARCH/INTERNSHIP||2|
|EDUC 411||LITERACY FOR LINGUISTICALLY AND CULTURALLY DIVERSE LEARNERS||4|
|EDUC 488||PRACTICUM EDUCATIONAL STUDIES (variable credit)||15|
|PSYC 204||EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY||5|
|SPED 363||INTRODUCTION TO SPECIAL EDUCATION||4|
|Required Senior Capstone|
|EDUC 490||LITERACY MAJOR CAPSTONE||5|
University Competencies and Proficiencies
- Minimum Credits—180 cumulative credit hours
- 60 upper-division credits (300 level or above)
- 45 credits in residence (attendance) at Eastern, with at least 15 upper-division credits in major in residence at Eastern
- Minimum Cumulative GPA ≥2.0
All admitted students must officially Declare a Major by the time they reach 90 credits (junior standing).
Application for Graduation (use EagleNET) must be made at least two terms in advance of the term you expect to graduate (undergraduate and post-baccalaureate).
Use the Catalog Archives to determine two important catalog years.
SOAR calculates based on these two catalog years.
- The catalog in effect at the student's first term of current matriculation is used to determine BACR (Breadth Area Credit Requirements) and UGR (Undergraduate Graduation Requirements).
- The catalog in effect at the time the student declares a major or minor is used to determine the program requirements.
School of Education outcomes
- create a safe, productive learning environment in their internships or research projects;
- demonstrate knowledge of responsibilities and policies related to the profession;
- meet the requirements of the internship or research project;
- integrate technology into their internship and/or planning.