Educational Leadership, Master of Education (M.ED)
Master of Education (MEd), Educational Leadership No Certification—This path is ideal for those interested in leadership with or without teaching certification. No certification is required for admission on this path.
The Educational Leadership concentration is ideal for teachers or candidates who work in education outside of a traditional P–12 school setting. Grounded in best practices and current research in educational leadership and management, this program prepares candidates to lead in diverse settings.
Admission Requirements for the MEd Program
- Have earned a baccalaureate degree (either a BA or BS) from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Have earned a grade point average of ≥3.0 on a 4 point scale during the final 90 quarter credits (or 60 semester credits) of enrolled course
|EDUC 507||PHILOSOPHY AND ORGANIZATION OF THE AMERICAN SCHOOL||4|
|EDUC 520||METHODS OF EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH||4|
|EDUC 522||TRANSFORMATION OF LEARNING AND TEACHING||4|
|EDUC 526||INTRODUCTION TO MULTI-TIERED SYSTEMS OF SUPPORT||4|
|or EDUC 538||MEDIA LITERACY FOR TEACHERS|
|EDUC 551||SUPERVISION OF INSTRUCTION||4|
|EDUC 554||CURRICULAR DESIGN AND EVALUATION||4|
|EDUC 564||SCHOOL LAW||4|
|EDUC 565||LEADERSHIP FOR TODAY'S SCHOOLS||4|
|EDUC 566||LEADERSHIP IN SCHOOL-COMMUNITY RELATIONS||4|
|EDUC 567||SCHOOL ADMINISTRATION AND BUDGET||4|
|EDUC 651||LEADERSHIP INTERNSHIP I||2|
|EDUC 652||LEADERSHIP INTERNSHIP II||2|
|Portfolio and Comprehensive Exam|
|EDUC 653||LEADERSHIP PORTFOLIO||2|
|EDUC 654||LEADERSHIP COMPREHENSIVE EXAM||3|
Students who successfully earn an M.ED. in Educational Leadership from EWU should be able to do the following:
- demonstrate an understanding of the current theory, research, and strategies needed to effectively lead schools in preK-12 educational settings;
- demonstrate the competency-based knowledge and skills required for effectively working in leadership roles in preK-12 educational settings in compliance with Washington state standards and program requirements;
- understand and prepare for the educational, social, political, economic, and cultural context within which school leaders work.