Curriculum and Instruction, Master of Education (M.ED)
The Curriculum and Instruction option is designed for certified teachers who wish to exercise leadership in school curriculum planning and development.
Admission Requirements for the MEd Program
- Have earned a baccalaureate degree (a BA, BS or BAE) from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Have earned a GPA ≥3.0 on a 4-point-scale during the final 90 quarter credits (or 60 semester credits) of enrolled coursework.
- Applicants for the Curriculum and Instruction concentration must hold or have held a valid educator certificate.
|EDUC 522||TRANSFORMATION OF LEARNING AND TEACHING||4|
|EDUC 505||CURRENT ISSUES IN EDUCATION||4|
|EDUC 507||PHILOSOPHY AND ORGANIZATION OF THE AMERICAN SCHOOL||4|
|EDUC 520||METHODS OF EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH||4|
|EDUC 533||INSTRUCTIONAL SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT||4|
|EDUC 538||MEDIA LITERACY FOR TEACHERS||4|
|EDUC 544||ADVANCED READING METHODS ACROSS THE CURRICULUM||4|
|EDUC 551||SUPERVISION OF INSTRUCTION||4|
|EDUC 553||THEORY AND PRACTICE IN CURRICULUM STUDIES||4|
|EDUC 554||CURRICULAR DESIGN AND EVALUATION||4|
|EDUC 621||CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION INTERNSHIP I||2|
|EDUC 622||CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION INTERNSHIP II||2|
|Portfolio and Comprehensive Exam|
|EDUC 623||CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION PORTFOLIO||2|
|EDUC 624||CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION COMPREHENSIVE EXAM||3|
Note: candidates must be certified teachers.
Students who successfully earn an M.ED. in Curriculum and Instruction from EWU should be able to do the following:
- describe select curriculum theories;
- design a culturally informed curriculum;
- design standards-based curriculum and instruction;
- evaluate standards-based curriculum and instruction;
- implement research-based practices in the creation of curriculum and instruction;
- implement standards-based curriculum and instruction;
- provide a critical analysis of leadership in the field of education;
- provide a critical analysis of organizational systems in the field of education.