- The degree is offered 100% online with the exception of the in-person internship and encompasses 90 credits of HCAD courses which include courses that satisfy the University Graduation requirement for Diversity and Global Studies.
- Students must have already completed coursework equal to at least 90 quarter credits either through their lower division course work from EWU, an AA - Direct Transfer Agreement, a related Associate degree, or other course work that meets the EWU University BACRs and General Education requirements.
- The HCAD courses are offered only once a year and are designed to be taken in sequential order from fall of the junior year through spring of the senior year.
- Students must complete an in-person 200-hour internship in their community during spring quarter of their senior year.
- HCAD students must maintain a cumulative GPA ≥2.7 for all HCAD classes.
- The culmination of the student’s experience in the program is an internship in a healthcare setting.
- To qualify for the internship, the student must have at least a GPA ≥2.7 in HCAD classes and permission from the instructor and/or program chair.
|Required Core Courses|
|HCAD 300||INTRODUCTION TO HEALTHCARE ADMINISTRATION||5|
|HCAD 302||HEALTHCARE LEADERSHIP||5|
|HCAD 303||HEALTHCARE ORGANIZATION BEHAVIOR||5|
|HCAD 304||HEALTHCARE COMMUNICATIONS||5|
|HCAD 305||HEALTHCARE DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION||5|
|HCAD 306||BUDGETS AND POLICY FOR HEALTHCARE ADMINISTRATION||5|
|HCAD 310||HEALTHCARE RESEARCH AND DESIGN||5|
|HCAD 311||INTRODUCTION TO HEALTHCARE ADMINISTRATION HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT||5|
|HCAD 320||HEALTHCARE STRATEGIC PLANNING||5|
|HCAD 350||INTRODUCTION TO GLOBAL HEALTH AND HEALTHCARE||5|
|HCAD 401||HEALTHCARE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY||5|
|HCAD 402||FINANCE IN HEALTHCARE ORGANIZATIONS||5|
|HCAD 410||QUALITY MANAGEMENT IN HEALTHCARE ORGANIZATIONS||5|
|HCAD 411||RISK MANAGEMENT AND OPERATIONS IN HEALTHCARE ORGANIZATIONS||5|
|HCAD 412||HEALTHCARE LAW, REGULATIONS & ETHICS||5|
|HCAD 440||HEALTHCARE MARKETING||5|
|Capstone and Internship|
|HCAD 495||INTERNSHIP IN HEALTHCARE ADMINISTRATION||5|
|HCAD 490||HEALTHCARE ADMINISTRATION CAPSTONE||5|