Health Psychology Major, Bachelor of Science (BS)
There is no overall GPA requirement for the major.
- To declare the BS Health Psychology major, students must have a minimum cumulative GPA ≥2.0 and taken and passed PSYC 100 (or its equivalent) with a grade ≥C.
- Transfer students may be given credit for appropriate transfer courses in the major and for electives.
- Transfer credits will be limited to 20 lower division courses and no more than 30 transfer credits total applied toward the degree.
- CSBS 320 or PSYC 310, PSYC 100, PSYC 231, PSYC 309 and PSYC 490C must be passed with a grade ≥C.
|CSBS 320||STATISTICS FOR THE SOCIAL SCIENCES||5|
|or PSYC 310||PSYCHOLOGICAL STATISTICS|
|PSYC 100||GENERAL PSYCHOLOGY||5|
|PSYC 201||LIFE-SPAN DEVELOPMENT||5|
|PSYC 231||SCIENCE OF STRESS AND COPING||3|
|PSYC 302||ABNORMAL PSYCHOLOGY||5|
|PSYC 309||SCIENTIFIC PRINCIPLES OF PSYCHOLOGY||5|
|PSYC 316||HUMAN MEMORY AND COGNITION||5|
|PSYC 317||HEALTH PSYCHOLOGY||5|
|PSYC 324||CONDITIONING AND LEARNING (only one course will count toward the major)||4|
|or PSYC 325||COGNITIVE AND BEHAVIOR CHANGE|
|or PSYC 402||BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION|
|PSYC 420||BIOLOGICAL BASIS OF BEHAVIOR||5|
|Electives–choose two from the following||9-10|
or CMST 420
|COMPUTER STATISTICAL ANALYSIS|
|THEORIES OF PERSONALITY|
|FOUNDATION OF PSYCHOTHERAPY|
|TESTS AND MEASUREMENTS|
|DRUGS AND BEHAVIOR|
|HAPPINESS AND POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY|
|PSYC 490C||CAPSTONE: HEALTH PSYCHOLOGY||4-5|
|or PSYC 491||SENIOR THESIS|
University Competencies and Proficiencies
- Minimum Credits—180 cumulative credit hours
- 60 upper-division credits (300 level or above)
- 45 credits in residence (attendance) at Eastern, with at least 15 upper-division credits in major in residence at Eastern
- Minimum Cumulative GPA ≥2.0
All admitted students must officially Declare a Major by the time they reach 90 credits (junior standing).
Application for Graduation (use EagleNET) must be made at least two terms in advance of the term you expect to graduate (undergraduate and post-baccalaureate).
Use the Catalog Archives to determine two important catalog years.
SOAR calculates based on these two catalog years.
- The catalog in effect at the student's first term of current matriculation is used to determine BACR (Breadth Area Credit Requirements) and UGR (Undergraduate Graduation Requirements).
- The catalog in effect at the time the student declares a major or minor is used to determine the program requirements.
Students who successfully earn a BS in Health Psychology from EWU should be able to do the following:
- evaluate empirical research in health psychology;
- explain how APA’s principles of ethics can be applied to health psychology;
- investigate key concepts from health psychology;
- utilize APA (American Psychological Association) style requirements when writing.